Do you know what they symbolize?
These are some items that are given to new homeowners and rooted in traditions from the “old country”. If you’ve ever wondered about the meaning of an item, here’s a handy guide.You can create a beautiful gift basket and can make jars/candles special with fabric or lace and tying with a ribbon or raffia.
- Bread: So you may never know hunger.
- Wine: Symbolizes joy, prosperity and happiness
- Candle: May you dwell in light and happiness.
- Salt: May your life may always have flavor.
- Honey: Enjoy the sweetness of life.
- Sugar: May your life always have sweetness.
- Coin/Money: May you dwell in good fortune.
- Broom: To help sweep away any evil and bad luck.
Tucking a handwritten note with the meaning and a framed picture of their new house would leave a lasting memory.Gift Basket Villas