Have you ever thought how easy it is to keep in touch with your clients and market with Pop-By gifts. It’s is cost-effective and can be the funnest part of your job.
A Pleasant Surprise Gift
Remember how nice if felt when someone surprised you with your favorite snack? It made you feel really special that you were remembered. Your customers and clients feel the same way when you pop-by their workplace with a small gift, known as a Pop-By or Drop By gift. It not only lets them know you’re thinking of them but that you took the time to visit, to sit and chat over a cup of coffee or tea especially if the tag on the Pop-By says “Just Popping By to see what’s brewing”.
Creating Relationships with Pop-Bys
Pop-Bys are great ways to enhance your relationships, personal and professional. It may seem like a simple appreciation gift but it makes people feel special, they are acknowledged and appreciated. People don’t get up every morning saying “I really need to get it touch with ….” You need to keep front of mind and this is a great way to stay ahead of the crowd. Do you stand out from your competition? Do you think your competition really takes the time to make people feel special? Those who are successful, do!
Remember to add a quirky tag and your business card to your gift! Also, let the gift ask for the referral or do the thanking.
Make a list
Get on your computer and make a list of those who you want to create a relationship, touch base with and are your top clients that could help with referrals or who can expand your business.
Pop-By Ideas for
• Accountants – includes aspirin, a calculator and a stress ball
• Gardening customers – in the springtime
•A teabag and pretty teacup
• Batteries for smoke alarms
• An apple – “Your referrals is the core of my business”
• a pear – offer a “Pear of Helping Hands”
What to say when you Pop-By
- “I’m going to be in your area (nput date) between [time of day]; I’d love to pop-by , say ‘Hi’ and see how you’re doing.”
- “If I can help, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I value our relationship and want to build my business by working with great people like you.”
- Making sure the gift says “I’m never too busy for any of your referrals.” or say it to them as you leave.
Keep a stash of Pop-Bys
Always, keep some handy Pop-By items in your car. Make sure it can be kept in the heat or cold and that it’s not perishable so you can readily pop-by a customer if you happen to be in the neighborhood.